My brothers and sisters in Islam do compete in good deeds and haste in grabbing the opportunity to gain the pleasure of Allah. Allah loves the steadfast and righteous. There should be no more excuses and doing a good deed is easier than we think. Here are some good deeds we can incorporate in our everyday lives.
1. Evaluate yourself daily before going bed. Thank Allah for good deeds, repent to Him for your mistakes and sins.
2. Think of Allah before you take any action. Make dua before everything- sleeping, eating, studying,
3. Make a habit to read the Quran everyday.
4. Spend more time reading Islamic books, especially the Seerah, Hadeeth, and Fiqh.
5. Give sadaqah (charity) no matter how little'
6. Take the time to understand what's going on in the Muslim world today. Do your part to get involved and help relief organizations.
7. Keep yourself in a state of wudu' most of the time.
8. Replace the music you often listen with nasheed, music with islamic lyrics or with Quranic recitation.
9. Do not eat unless you are hungry and stop eating before you are full
10. Lower your gaze
We hope you benefitted from this article. May we be blessed by Allah, Insyallah.